IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
802.11ac Packet Analysis
wifi-security-basics-traffic-analysis | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
A WiFi packet capture PCAP file is provided on the Desktop of the Kali machine. You have to analyze the packets using Wireshark and answer the following questions:
- How many antennas were there in the capturing device?
- A 802.11ac capable client device is using “CourageTheCowardlyDog” SSID. What is the MAC address of this device?
- In big networks, multiple BSSIDs operate under single/same SSID. Which BSSID is responsible for most traffic of “EASYDAFTAR SOUTH” SSID?
- What is the frequency of operation for the network associated with BSSID e4:95:6e:45:9c:97? Provide value in MHz.
- How many packets belong to 802.11ac standard?
|1.||How many antennas were there in the capturing device?||
|2.||A 802.11ac capable client device is using “CourageTheCowardlyDog” SSID. What is the MAC address of this device?||
|3.||In big networks, multiple BSSIDs operate under single/same SSID. Which BSSID is responsible for most traffic of “EASYDAFTAR SOUTH” SSID?||
|4.||What is the frequency of operation for the network associated with BSSID e4:95:6e:45:9c:97? Provide value in MHz.||
|5.||How many packets belong to 802.11ac standard?||
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org