IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
This lab contains build-system for OpenWRT MIPS Malta and an OpenWRT MIPS router. On launching the lab, the user will be dropped into the development Ubuntu machine. The home directory of user "student" (/home/student) contains the following directories:
- openwrt-buildsystem: OpenWRT build system configured for MIPS Malta
- rootkit-code: Source code for sample kernel modules
Objective: Compile the kernel modules from source, transfer those to the emulated router and test those out.
- Ubuntu development machine should be on 192.X.Y.2
- OpenWRT router can be accessed on 192.X.Y.3 (target-1)
- OpenWRT router is running FTP, SSH and HTTP (LuCI web UI) services on port 21, 22 and 80 respectively.
- OpenWRT router credentials
- Username: root
- Password: chicago
- Don't use "make clean" as it will increase the compilation time
- Before compiling the OpenWRT packages/firmware, switch to user 'stduent'
- Three processor cores are allocated to the development machine, so while compiling, use 'make -j3'
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org