IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
OpenWRT Router: LuCI Access
wifi-security-basics-openwrt-router | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
This setup has OpenWRT 18.06.2 running on an emulated MIPS machine. The user can interact with the router using the LuCI web UI.
Objective: Perform the following activities on the router and answer the question:
- Scan the air for other WiFi networks. What is the name of WPA2-PSK present in the neighborhood?
- A client is probing for a WPA2-PSK SSID "Protected_Network" with secret shared passphrase "welcome@123". Create this SSID and find out the MAC address of that client.
- Create a WPA-PSK SSID "Test" with secret shared passphrase "123456789" on channel 36.
- Use the following credentials for web UI login
- Username: root
- Password: chicago
- Do not use the reboot button as it might send the router in an unresponsive state.
- OpenWRT takes a little time in some operations, so please be patient.
- Secret passphrase of WPA2-PSK present in the neighborhood is 'welcome@123'.
|1.||Scan the air for other WiFi networks. What is the name of WPA2-PSK present in the neighborhood?||
|2.||A client is probing for a WPA2-PSK SSID 'Protected_Network' with secret shared passphrase 'welcome@123'. Create this SSID and find out the MAC address of that client.||
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com