IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Cross Service Relay Attack - Missing audience claim
rest-jwt-basics | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
A REST API is running on the target machine and uses JWT based authentication. The implementation of JWT is very crucial for the safety of an API. The JWT tokens issued by one service must not be processed by another service.
The developers provide 2 APIs, a Finance API and a Services API. The issue is that the developers have not placed any restrictions on the use of tokens against other services. That makes the token issued for one service be accepted by the other service. Interact with the API and explore how this implementation might be disastrous.
Objective: Your task is to get the Golden Ticket!
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a Ubuntu CLI instance.
- Your Ubuntu instance has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.2. Run "ifconfig" to know the values of X and Y.
- The Finance and Services API are running on port 8000 and 8080 respectively on the target machine having IP address 192.X.Y.3.
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org