IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
cve-2019 | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
The attacker might
not have any user level access to the web application. However, this
does not mean that the application cannot be attacked remotely. Remote
Code Execution vulnerabilities could be triggered even by unauthenticated users.
the exercise below, the attacker is not authenticated to the web
application and needs to find an XXE attack which can be leveraged to run
arbitrary commands on the server.
Apache Solr is a free and open source enterprise search platform written in JAVA.
Apache Solr (<8.1.2) is vulnerable to XML External Entity Injection and Remote Code Execution documented in CVE-2019-0193.
Objective: Your task is to find and exploit this vulnerability.CVE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation.
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a Kali GUI instance.
- Your Kali has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.2. Run "ip addr" to know the values of X and Y.
- The target server should be located at the IP address 192.X.Y.3.
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
- Apache Solr can be accessed on port 8983 of the target server.
All relevant information to solve this lab is available on the CVE website.
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email email@example.com clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org