IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Reversing and Patching APK
android-basics | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
This lab focuses on doing android APK analysis using different basic tools. An APK file is provided in the lab.
Objective: Perform the following activities:
- Scan the APK with SUPERAndroidAnalyzer tool and identify the issue which allows anyone to backup your application data via adb.
- Open the APK archive using apktool
- Fix the issue by modifying the corresponding file
- Repack the files into an APK archive
- Sign the APK using jarsigner
- SUPERAndroidAnalyzer tool can be invoked using "super-analyzer" command
- apktool, keytool and jarsigner are present on the machine.
- UnCrackable-Level1.apk is used as the sample APK file in this lab.
- APK file is kept in the home directory of root user (i.e. /root/)
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com