IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Vulnerable Bank Portal: Dictionary Attack
webapp-owasp-top10-broken-auth | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
OWASP Top 10 is an awareness document, which outlines the most critical security risks to web applications. Pentesting is performed according to the OWASP TOP 10 standard to reduce/mitigate the security risks.
In the exercise, we will focus on OWASP A2 Broken Authentication flaws and we will take a look at how to leverage the broken authentication vulnerability on a single page web application.
Objective: Leverage the broken authentication vulnerability and access the administrative portal.
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a Kali GUI instance.
- Your Kali instance has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.2. Run "ip addr" to know the values of X and Y.
- Email ID to perform dictionary attack: email@example.com
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com