IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Doorman was deployed on a server to monitor the hosts in a network. The administrator of the servers had provided temporary sudo access to unprivileged users. One of the servers got compromised by an internal user. Analyze the recorded logs and answer the following questions:
- On the compromised host, the attacker had downloaded a ransomware script from a remote server using wget utility. Provide the URL from which the script was downloaded.
- The downloaded script encrypted the contents of 2 directories and creates an archive from that. Provide the complete path of the resulting archive.
- Provide the password used to encrypt the resulting tar archive, provided that the files were encrypted using openssl utility.
- Provide the IP address of the compromised server.
|On the compromised host, the attacker had downloaded a ransomware script from a remote server using wget utility. Provide the URL from which the script was downloaded.
|The downloaded script encrypted the contents of 2 directories and creates an archive from that. Provide the complete path of the resulting archive.
|Provide the password used to encrypt the resulting tar archive, provided that the files were encrypted using openssl utility.
|Provide the IP address of the compromised server.
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com