IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
WinRM: Securing WinRM Service
windows-service-exploitation-winrm | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
Two Windows machines (Server 2019) are provided to you, both can communicate with each other.
Your task is to configure and secure the WinRM service by the following hierarchy:
- Set a strong password for the Administrator account
- Configure HTTPS listener for WinRM service and disable HTTP listener
- Create a dedicated user for WinRM service with minimal privilege.
- Add Client-side TrustedHosts
- Configure the host firewall to restrict WinRM access to allow communication only to specific machines.
- Stop & Disable the WinRM service if not in use by default it is up and running.
Objective: Secure the WinRM service where it would be very difficult for an attacker to gain access to WinRM service.
- Your Kali machine has an interface with IP address 10.10.X.Y. Run “ip addr” to know the values of X and Y.
- The IP address of the target machine is mentioned in the file “/root/Desktop/target”
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.V.W.1 and 10.10.X.1
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com