IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
Selenium: Scripting Dictionary Attacks
private-devops-basics-testing | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
Selenium is an open-source web application testing framework for automating functional tests.
A Visual Studio Code IDE is provided along with a target WordPress portal. Selenium is installed on the IDE machine and can be invoked with a Python script.
Objective: Learn about using Selenium with Python language and perform the following activities:
- Launch dictionary attack on WordPress admin user using the 10-common-passwords.txt dictionary.
- Launch dictionary attack on WordPress admin user using the 100-common-passwords.txt dictionary in headless mode.
- WordPress portal is accessible by the name "wordpress".
- Both password dictionaries are provided in the present working directory.
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com