IMPORTANT:AttackDefense Labs is included with a Pentester Academy subscription! Upgrade Now to access over 1800+ Labs.
Already a Pentester Academy student? Your access will continue uninterrupted. Please use the same Google account to login here.
Not a Pentester Academy student? Try our Free Communitiy Labs
TFTP Recon: Basics
recon-tftp | Level: Easy | Total Lab Runs: 0 | Premium Lab |
In this challenge we will look at the basics of TFTP server reconnaissance. Please start the lab and answer the following questions:
- TFTP service running on which port?
- What commands can be used to connect to TFTP service using TFTP client and list all available commands.
- What command can be used to check the current state?
- What command can be used to set the verbose mode on.
- What command can be used to download the “flag” file from the TFTP server.
- What command can be used to set the packet trace on? Download the “flag” file from the TFTP server to observe the difference with trace on.
- What command can be used to upload a PHP file to the TFTP server.
- Find out if any of the files present in file list /usr/share/metasploit-framework/data/wordlists/tftp.txt are present on the TFTP server using suitable metasploit module. List the files found.
- Put a file router.bin file on the TFTP server using suitable metasploit module.
- This lab is dedicated to you! No other users are on this network :)
- Once you start the lab, you will have access to a root terminal of a Kali instance
- Your Kali has an interface with IP address 192.X.Y.Z. Run "ip addr" to know the values of X and Y.
- The Target machine should be located at the IP address 192.X.Y.3.
- Do not attack the gateway located at IP address 192.X.Y.1
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com