FREE Lab: Create a Free account to run this lab! Create Account in < 1 min
You are a licensed Private Investigator (PI). UVW88 Inc is one of your old customers. They import electronics from abroad and sell the re-branded product. They asked you to look into Ron, one of their purchasing managers. They think that he is tipping off their competitors about the soon to be launched products in advance, giving the competition an edge over them. They checked his company issued phones and corporate email account but didn’t find anything suspicious. Hence, they brought in the big guns ( yes you :-) ). You follow him for 2 days but he isn’t meeting anyone. So, the next night you decide to wait outside his house in your car. While sitting outside, eating a burger, you notice his home WiFi network and you realize that he may be using this to communicate with the 3rd party. So, you capture his WiFi traffic and return to your office to analyze it.
The relevant details
The details of Ron's home WiFi network are given below:
- SSID: Ron_Home
- BSSID: 30:b5:c2:11:de:2a
- Security: WPA2-PSK
- Phone MAC: 5c:51:88:31:a0:3b
- Laptop MAC: e8:de:27:16:70:c9
- How he is communicating with the 3rd party?
- What content did you recover from the communication intercepted (if any)?
- Any contact information of the 3rd party (if any)?
- Anything interesting that you observed during the analysis which could shed light on his other motives?
- Check for commonly used communication protocols
- Identify the protocols and then look for message carrying packets.
- How do people research on the Internet?
The following activities are strictly prohibited on this website unless otherwise explicitly stated as allowed in the mission statement:
- Using automated scanners
- Using brute force attacks
- Denial of Service attacks
- Attacking other student machines in challenges where you might achieve a shell on the vulnerable system
- Attacking the lab infrastructure
Users violating the above will be either temporarily or permanently banned from the website.
If you are unsure about an activity, then please contact support to confirm that it is allowed on our website.
Technical Support for this Lab:
There is a reason we provide unlimited lab time: you can take as much time as you need to solve a lab. However, we realize that sometimes hints might be necessary to keep you motivated!
We currently provide technical support limited to:
- Giving hints for a lab exercise
- In rare circumstances, if you have totally given up (NO!!!) then tell you how to solve it. This will be limited to sharing the solution video or lab report
- A lab exercise fails to load or has errors in it
If you need technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mention the name and link of the lab exercise and other essential details. The more descriptive you are, the faster we can help you. We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.
For adminitrative queries, billing, enterprise accounts etc. please email email@example.com